Here in Subcielo Tarifa you can achieve I.K.O levels and receive an I.K.O card with the I.K.O level acquired according to the methodology used by this international association of kite boarding.
LEVEL 1 - INITIATION PROGRAM
- Transport and assembly of the kite and lines
- Locate the wind direction, which is luff (wind up) or lead (down wind)
- You will learn to fly a kite with little power (small and short lined kite) statically in the sand around the edge of the window and close to the ground.
- Know how to stop the kites power in case of a problem by releasing the bar.
- Knowing about the leash and where it should be connected from before taking off and up to landing.
- Relaunching the kite from the ground.
- Flying the kite from 9 to 3h on the edge of the wind window.
- Lift the kite with assistance and know how to choose the correct angle of the wind.
- Flying the kite in the power area without crashing.
- Wrap and unwrap the lines while the kite is flying.
- If you activate the active safety, know how to recover the kite and secure it on land.
- Land the kite on land with assistance.
- Ride the kite hooked to the harness.
- Ride the kite hooked to the harness with one hand.
- Activating the security system of the bar and /or quick release system and its location.
- Perform edges derived by body dragging, using the kite in the power area.
- Lift the kite from the water (the lying and relaunch maneuver).
- Perform a self rescue in the water.
LEVEL 2 - INTERMEDIATE PROGRAM
- Define if the practice area is safe and be able to specify why.
- Assemble and checking the equipment without assistance (kite, lines and bar)
- Going away from the coast (with side-shore wind or side-onshore wind) doing body dragging, drifting and finally getting back to the coast.
- Repeat the above with only on hand.
- Know the water start theory: position of the board and both management of your body and kite.
- Take the board, place your feet in the foot straps and keep the position handling the kite.
- Getting up on the board and navigate moving the kite up and down.
- If you have taken classes at this point with a two-line kite; learn the use of a 4-line kite.
LEVEL 3 - INDEPENDENT PROGRAM
- Knowing the rules of passage.
- Going away from the coast and returning to the coast.
- Knowing how to lift the kite and change course.
- Knowing how to speed up raising an edge and moving the kite.
- Know how to stop by nailing the edge.
- Knowing how to keep on course nailing the edge.
- Going away from the coast and return to the same starting point.
- Sail luffed.
- Sail constantly luffed.
- Knowing how to recover the board without using the leash or pita, doing a luffed body.
- Navigating a two-way board if you have not sailed before.
- Change of course while sailing.
- Jump theory knowledge.